We offer a single-fee, fully comprehensive consulting program through which you receive College Goals’ most extensive college admissions support. This program is offered to students who begin to work with us in 10th or 11th grade, or their international equivalents.
The earlier in a student’s high school career that s/he begins working with one of our consultants, the greater the benefit. The longer your counselor works with your student, the better we are able to help your child to develop and articulate his/her individual and unique abilities and goals, and thus to create an effective college or university application.
The full service option includes:
- A realistic, personalized admissions plan for each student, including information about application deadlines, recommendations, essays, and a schedule for preparing for and taking all required tests
- A regular schedule of phone/Skype or in-person conferences – initially at least once every month, and then with growing frequency as we approach the application season. We are, of course, always available by email.
- Guidance for the family’s plans for visits to universities we consider appropriate for meeting the student’s academic and personal goals and dreams
- Counsel for students through every step of their essay writing process, guiding and motivating their creation of captivating and compelling application essays
- Close personal counsel and advice on how to obtain excellent and valuable recommendations and how to prepare dynamic resumes
- Student access to the best online tools for researching colleges, for exchanging information with us interactively, and for writing, editing and storing college essays, with our guidance
- Guidance in developing summer opportunities and extra-curricular activities that will strengthen the student’s application profile
- Assistance to the student in demonstrating interest in and developing appropriate contacts with the institutions to which s/he will apply
- Help for the family in assessing the results of the application process and evaluating the best opportunities, and guidance for the student to choose wisely among the schools that accept his/her application
I always felt able to call or email her with questions and we felt very involved in the whole process. However, we loved the way that the main focus was definitely our daughter as that gave her enormous confidence being in the driving seat. She always emerged from her room glowing and ready to get going again, after one of your calls. What a relief for us!